Wednesday 11 April 2018

Mellow Mornings



Good morning, how are you? I flew back from Nepal on Sunday and since then my body clock has woken me up at 7am sharp every morning. As a natural night owl, I don't usually see this time of morning without the aid of an alarm clock and a strong coffee! I'd like to say I can watch the sunrise or the sky get brighter but it's still pretty grey in the UK at the moment. On the plus side, I feel like I get so much more done before midday at the moment. Let's see how long this lasts!

I was in Nepal for two weeks and before I left I knit a holiday hat out of Rico Adriafil DK.






I didn't use a pattern and guessed the number of stitches. I cast on 116 stitches on 3.75 needles and knit 5 inches of 2x2 rib. Then I knit another 5 inches of stockinette before starting the decrease rounds. The finished hat is a little slouchy and probably too big for my head but it's so comfy and very warm. My Mum is the official hat borrower in the house and was very reluctant to give this one back! She doesn't know yet but I have cast on a second one just for her. 

Although I wasn't away for long, Harvey is very happy I'm back and hasn't left my side since Sunday.



It's been a crazy year so far with placements away from home, final exams and waiting for the results for my degree. In case you're wondering - I passed! I'd like to say it was easy but it took a lot of hard work, lack of sleep and a self induced hermit life for the past three months. But it was worth it and now I'm on holiday for ages and can get back to the things I love doing such as this blog, knitting and crafts. So my challenge to myself while I'm on holiday is to post a lot more and find new inspiration for my writing. I want to talk about Nepal and what I was doing there, although it was not craft related so please skip if you're not interested. However, I did spot something there that may pique your interest - more on that in a later post! I also have time now to continue some old WIPs and cast on some new projects. I can't wait! I also have some new stash and some books to review.

But now it's time for my second coffee of the morning and a bit of knitting. 

Have a great day x

No comments:

Post a Comment